New England Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard was found guilty of felony assault of a police officer and misdemeanor resisting arrest stemming from an event in Lincoln Nebraska last year. He was acquitted of a third charge, third degree assault of another man.
The incident occurred just five days before the 2012 NFL draft, when Dennard was accused of punching a police officer jaw outside of a Lincoln bar. The projected second or third round selection fell to the seventh round where he was selected by the Patriots with the 224th overall pick. He ended up making seven starts in 2012 and was supposed to start at right corner for the Patriots in 2013.
With Dennard's 2013 availability potentially derailed by either a prison sentence and/or suspension, the Patriots may have even more reason to bring back Aqib Talib, who's contract has expired.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Alfonzo Dennard Only Player Absent from Practice
- Injuries Piling up as Patriots are Once Again Thin in the Secondary
- Tragedy in Kansas City: Chiefs Linebacker Jovan Blecher Fatally Shoots Girlfriend, Self
- New England Patriots Sign Armond Armstead from CFL
- Patriots Cornerback Kyle Arrington Fined $21,000
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/qaz